Sunday, September 27, 2009

big busy week!

this week's going to be a great big exciting one:

My exhibition at the Morning Times comes down on Tuesday. Boohoo. It'll be kinda nice to spend some time with the work since I finished it pretty much the day we installed it. Haven't decided if it will grace my walls, or live at Blam! for a bit.

Block Gallery Retrospective opens on Thursday with a reception from 5 until 7 p.m. This exhibition is awesome. Really.

Three Piece Suit opens at Rebus for First Friday. Celia Gray, Kreh Mellick (image above) and Andrew Hayes happen to be three of my FAVORITE artists and well, it's just going be pretty damn great! We'll have music outside (the Monologue Bombs!!) and guess what? A taco truck. I love my job.

And, drumroll, Stephen and I are flying to Syracuse for his stepsister's wedding in Clayton, NY. In the seven years we've been together, this is the first time we'll fly together. Crazy! I can't wait.. it will be so nice to get out of Raleigh, spend some quality time with Stephen's family, and, wait for it....... eat cheese curd. Yes! That does mean I will, sadly, miss the festivities at Rebus (and the afterparty at the Remedy).

All that, and yes, school work too! Super excited about my magazine for typography, tentatively named Triptych. It will be a quarterly art/music/food (and all points in between) covering Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill.

2 comments:

Tim Ayers said...

great job on two fantastic shows Sarah! seriously, the retrospective is the best show I've seen downtown. rebus was solid too. it was really good to see the work of three artists coming out of the program i applied to that afternoon. have a great trip!

sarah said...

Thank you, Tim! That means a lot. Best of luck on Core... I'm crossing my fingers for you.