Wednesday, October 07, 2009

on this blog

So, I've been doing a bit of rearranging 'round here.

As part of my Type 3 class, we were tasked with manipulating the CSS that Blogger uses to make this sort of thing pretty (or not-so-pretty, as the case may be). While these changes are not drastic, it is great to know how to change each piece of the page, not simply the options given by Blogger. It has also been frustrating as some parts simply don't respond the way one expects. For example, once I got started by changing colors and type "stacks," I decided to try to move the header to the left. One might thing this could be accomplished with "text-align: left;" but, well, it can't. Or, at least, I couldn't. I ended up moving it left by adjusting margins through trial and error.

I have never been super happy with the default ways in which Blogger deals with image, so I was glad to "float" images left, then add a bit more breathing room (padding) on each side. I also like that the text is wrapping. It's a little quirky still, but since my blog mostly features images, it might serve as a way to caption things. Additionally, I think I might be able to set up a few different ways in CSS to treat images, so that each is presented appropriately.

In typical Sarah fashion, I've rearranged and changed palettes three whole times now, and well, at least I know more or less how to do that! I think I'll stick with this direction for awhile, rearranging a bit as I go along.

6 comments:

John Dancy-Jones said...

i'm going through your new blogroll like a particularly juicy magazine that just came in - full of wonderful surprises and I'm not nearly done yet! It's amazing how you've evolved this blog - I'm glad it's catching up - somewhat- to all your other wonderful work. J

Anonymous said...

hi people. I'm really into shoes and I had been looking for the sake of that particular make. The prices due to the fact that the boots were all over 170 bucks on every site. But definitively I set this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely like these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly purchase these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

hi friends. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been searching for that meticulous brand. The prices seeking the shoes are about 170 pounds everwhere. But for all I found this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon people. I'm actually into shoes and I have been searching for that meticulous brand. The prices due to the fact that the sneakers are all over 240 pounds on every page. But completely I base this location selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

good evening everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching for that singular brand. The prices for the boots were around 190 dollars on every site. But for all I bring about this area selling them for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely buy them. what is your opinion?